Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 15 - Describing Yourself

Q: How would you describe yourself as a person and a teacher?

A: As a person, I would use the word multifaceted. I often choose to remain close to my family and home. Enjoying the simple pleasure of a board game with my sons or the allure of a fantastical plot in a thriller provides me with a sense of contentment. On the other hand, I appreciate the times to go out with friends and enjoy moments to relax and reenergize. Although my passions of teaching and gardening can get the better of me at times.
As a teacher, I would use the word reflective. In the years that I have been a teacher, I have learned the greatest lessons when I stop to think about how my actions affect other people. There have been some plainly uncomfortable reflections over the years. But without these reflections and subsequent changes, I probably wouldn't be teaching any more. I'm in the midst of making some radical changes in my teaching methods and I'm excited but a little nervous about how these alterations will proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment