Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 4 - Worried On First Day?

Q: What were you most worried most worried about as you approached your first day as a teacher?

A: Well, my first day as a teacher was 12 years ago. I'll have to reach back into my memory banks a bit. What I remember the most is worrying about how I would accomplish all the work that I knew would have to take place throughout each day. I'll have to admit that I learned a powerful lesson in the very first week of my teaching career. I had spent about 20 minutes wondering how I would get all my work done when I realized that I could be accomplishing things instead of worrying. I have learned a lot in the past dozen years of teaching. I'm excited to discover new directions and the pitfalls along the way to new strategies in my teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment