Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 5 - Organizing Our Classroom

Q: How do you keep our classroom organized?





A: I try to find areas within our room, such as shelves in closets, filing cabinets, and plastic drawers, to store and organize the many tools that I use during a year in our room. Whether balloons for a static electricity experiment or air-dry clay for a pottery making session, it can be a challenge for me to store all the items that the students need during the year. I'd have to say that in general I'm a fairly organized individual, but I'll have to admit in the middle of a school year, the demands of teaching can lead me to leaving supplies sitting around on counter shelves and not being put away in a timely manner. During most of my teaching years, I don't let myself leave without having straightened and organized my desk each day. I try to leave at least half the surface area clear so I can use my desk in a way that is helpful to me. I can't say that I always enjoy doing this, but I don't function well as a teacher when the "stuff" laying around becomes a distraction to me and my focus on the students in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment