Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 21 - Most Enjoyable Moment In Teaching

Q: What is my most enjoyable moment in teaching?

A: I can't say that I have one particular moment. For me the most enjoyable times are when I witness growth in a person. Whether this person is mastering an academic concept or demonstrating increased confidence in a social relationship, I am pleased to see this change in action. Often times, my actual contribution to this change in a student or family is small or negligible. But the fact that I have the opportunity each and every day of a school year to observe the effort, struggle, and growth emerge in another human being is an aspect of being a teacher that I truly treasure. These seemingly small moments in time offer me the ability to watch change occur. I hope that I never lose sight of these changes' importance for each student and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment